Friday 5 December 2014

Stuff I've done this week

**Not about the kitties**

This week I handed in a few assignments, one for Media Pro and one for Ad. The Media Pro assignment, The Extra Mile, was completed by Neil and me. We were really proud of the work that we put into it and hope that we get a decent mark. I posted it on YouTube and here is the link. Let me know what you think, good or bad.

The Extra Mile

For ad, we were tasked with creating a personal brand that best represents who we see ourselves as. It was fun and interesting to see what I came up with. After that, I created a Prezi, something I had never used before. It was frustrating at times, but I managed to get through it!

PREZZZI

And last but certainly not least, the Live Hit Derby... Well, let's just say that it was fun to watch, not so much fun to be part of. Haha.. But really, I had a good time even if I chocked and froze up so hard.
I have a new found respect for our newscasters who do that on the regular. I guess that is why they are so good (Or the majority of them are) is they have done it a million times. One of my mottos fits well with this theory, "It's all about the reps." Just gotta do it and do it and do it some more.
Everyone did a good job though and it was a lot of fun. I can't wait till April when we get to redeem ourselves, or at least I get to redeem MYSELF.

As an aside (Not a caveat, thanks Melanie), there are a couple of guys who come into my work frequently for a Kokanee or two. I've gotten to know them a little bit over the years. They work in the production studio for CTV next door. Needless to say, when I told them about my live hit, they had a good laugh about it. Who knows, maybe i'll be able to get an internship or at the very least a tour of the building someday, that'd be cool.

I may or may not have a blog post coming next week, we will see...I'm going to keep the streak alive though.

No comments:

Post a Comment