Friday 7 November 2014

My Call to Action

Hello once again, this week I figured I would post something relevant to both my kitties and to CreComm . I had to write a call to action about something I cared about, and then record the video in front of a camera. It was a pretty cool experience. Maybe future news anchor? probably not likely, haha. Let me know what ya think.

“Stop! Turn around! Run away!” People believe that you cannot let a black cat cross your path.
The British Columbia Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals gathered statistics for feline adoptions rates and found that the average time it took for a cat to be adopted was 50 days. Black cats however, take on average 12 days longer to be adopted. These statistics are troubling.
My name is Clifford Fewings and I am proud to say that I am the owner of two beautiful black cats, Pancakes and Meisha.
Unfortunately, in society a certain superstition surrounds black cats. People are under the impression that black cats are the bringers of bad luck and misfortune. In Great Britain black cats are often given to new brides as a symbol of good luck.
Dr. Lorie Huston found that owning a cat can reduce the risk of heart attack by 30 percent. She also found that owning a cat can both reduce stress levels and the risk of developing depression.
Cats are fantastic companions. They can be moody at times, but they are great at cuddling.  It is true, they are moochers, they do not pay rent, buy their own food and we clean up after them. But I cannot picture my life without them in it.
So I implore you, go to the Winnipeg Humane Society. Look around and play with a few kitties or even a more seasoned cat, they need loving homes too.  However, do not forget about the black cats, take a chance. What do you have to lose?
Call the Winnipeg Humane Society at (204) 982-2035 or visit them online at winnipeghumanesociety.ca for more information.

Remember, black is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment