Friday 3 April 2015

Magazine trade fair

Well, what a day that was. The magazine trade fair was the culmination of months of work, agony, and pain. All the groups in CreComm laid out tables to present their magazines and show off their hard work. It was amazing, some of the booths were really incredible, much respect to them.

It was a long day, probably an hour longer than it needed to be. My feet were sore by the end of it, but I enjoyed it, and even was able to sneak off and capture some shots.

Around three o'clock we were summoned tot he north doors to find out who the top three magazine groups were. Myself, I was not getting my hopes up walking over there as I brought my camera to take pictures of the groups who finished "atop the podium".  Everything happened so quickly, a quick introduction and an announcement of the final three magazines, of which we were apart of. I was blown away that we were in the final three, no joke. I was in disbelief and as soon as she announced the top three, she announced the overall winner, Rise Up!

She said our magazine, OUR MAGAZINE! I was beyond shocked. I think I even let a few expletives out after she announced it, whoops!

I turned to Scott, who was standing beside me and he was in as much shock as I was. We literally did not think we were going to be in the top three, let alone win the whole dang thing. But we did, and we are proud of it and what we accomplished.

I can't wait to go back next year and see what the new class has to offer, I have a feeling there magazines will be better than ours – which is a good thing.

Anyways, here are some of my favourite shots from the day. Enjoy!























No comments:

Post a Comment