Friday 20 March 2015

Le Magazine

Well folks, it's done.

After months of work, countless hours of lost sleep, and immeasurable levels of stress, we've finally completed our magazine, Rise Up!

It wasn't all sunshine and lollipops, nor was it all thunderstorms and horror.

From the start, it was a battle to think outside of my comfort zone and try to represent the people that I interviewed and the companies I created ads for. I met an amazing young man named Michael Champagne, and wrote and rewrote an article that explains him and his story while trying to shed a light on the bigger issue that surrounds what he does and why he does it.  I think I did a fairly good job of getting it done, and I'm excited for him to read it when it comes to print for the magazine trade fair, April 2nd at the Exchange District campus.

Last night, I was up till nearly three in the morning trying to save the final PDF of the magazine. For some reason, we were having technical difficulties, and was definitely not a fun experience. However, I managed to get it done, and managed to get it in on time, so that's good right?

There's the cover, I think it looks pretty cool and new.

Anyways, as I had mentioned earlier, the magazine trade fair is on April 2nd, from noon till four at the Exchange District Campus and we'd love for everyone to come out and check out our booth, and our magazine.

P.s. There will be freshly baked blueberry bannock and home-made jam!


No comments:

Post a Comment