Sunday 1 March 2015

Photo Essay from Family Day at The Forks

This photo essay came to be because I had not read the requirements on our journalism assignment correctly right before reading week. I had written a story, but not in the correct format. So, I hurriedly re-wrote it, but in the correct form. I thought I was in the clear as I was about to print it off to hand it in and still had one minute remaining. Well, I accidentally printed it to the wrong room and didn't realize it at first. Sooo, here I ran out of the classroom, barged into a class (while they were still in session), grabbed my article and handed it in, less than 30 seconds after the due time... Ugh, frustrating.

Nevertheless, I was tasked to create a photo essay of my choosing. I chose to go to The Forks for Family Day, as there are great chances to get wicked shots, of people. It was a fun time, but a cold time. I took many photos, some good, some bad, some "I thought it was good, buuut turns out it was bad". 

Well, here it is, my photo essay of The Forks and Family Day. Enjoy!

River ski chairs /Clifford Fewings
Clifford Fewings-Essay 1-Scene
They had these ski chairs spread out across the river for people to use.

Lisa getting Becky ready for a skate along the river /Clifford Fewings 
Clifford Fewings-Essay 2-Scene
Lisa was getting ready to go out onto the ice, she was excited as it was her first time on the river this year.

The intersection of The Forks from a different angle /Clifford Fewings
Clifford Fewings-Essay 3-Scene
This view offers a different view of the Red and Assiniboine River intersecting at The Forks.

Couple taking a selfie in front of the hanging warming blankets /Clifford Fewings
Clifford Fewings-Essay 4-Portrait
People were wrapping themselves up in these red felt warming blankets to escape the wind on the Assiniboine River.

Families grabbing a coffee after a cold skate on the river /Clifford Fewings
Clifford Fewings-Essay 5-Scene
 Espresso Junction was a popular spot for people to escape the wind and cold and warm up before heading outside again.
Little Amanda waiting for her mom /Clifford Fewings
Clifford Fewings-Essay 6-Action
I liked this shot Amanda was wearing all red and the skating aide was red also. She was skating all by herself, waiting for her mom who was juggling her son in the background.

Saxophone player playing for the crowd /Clifford Fewings
Clifford Fewings-Essay 7-Scene
I stood here for a while and watched as this man played his saxophone for visitors, very few people came his way, but those who did, tossed some change into his case.

Well here you have it, my photo essay. Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Mom needs to step up her juggling game and throw another kid in the mix. But seriously, nice work, I enjoyed this essay. Now excuse me while I wrap myself in my own warming blanket aka a whiskey.

    ReplyDelete