Friday 17 October 2014

free warming blanket

Laying down on my couch there was a chill in the air. I grabbed my blanket and threw it over top of me.

Still a little bit chilly, but not wanting to get up to turn the thermostat up I laid there.

I then realized that I hadn't written my blog post for the week...but I had the afternoon off from school and I was up late completing a journalism assignment that was due at 8 AM sharp.

Sleep was calling me as the home opener for the Jets was only a few hours away and I knew this was going to be a long and busy night at work.

I hadn't a clue what to write about and was going to get up and starting putting words down, any words when Pancakes jumped up onto my belly and laid down.

I couldn't possibly get up and kick her off now, she looked so comfortable just sleeping there. I was in a pickle...write my blog post or lay there, fall asleep and let her sleep too...

All of a sudden, my stomach started to warm up, the Cakes was a radiator on my belly. I certainly couldn't get up now! All was lost... well not entirely, I had myself a free warming blanket!

I fell asleep for what seemed like three hours when all of a sudden the Cakes popped up and jumped down. She meowed a few times and went to her food dish. I was still groggy, but I had my blog post idea, I just needed to get it down on paper.

As I sat up and began to write my blog post, the Cakes came strolling back wanting to hop back onto my lap to sleep some more...Tough life these cats live... I caved and let her back up, because hey, I like be warm as much as the next guy!

It made me wonder if having two cats sleep on me would double the heat...? Only time would tell, hopefully it does as Winter is Coming..(shameless Game of Thrones plug)





side note: I already knew that having the Cakes sleep on me would be wonderfully warm.

side side note: having both the kitties sleep on me is great but it makes you not want to move a muscle in fear of waking them.

No comments:

Post a Comment