Friday 24 October 2014

Jealous Kitty

Soooo, this blog will be about my jealous girly, Pancakes.

Unfortunately, one of Pancakes most frustrating characteristics is that she gets jealous. I know this because I have had the misfortune of having many pillows soiled.

If I don't spend enough time showing her attention while giving Meisha too much, she will give me dirty glares (yes cats can give dirty looks) and stare Meisha down.

I haven't the slightest idea why she gets jealous of Meisha, maybe it's because she's stealing "her man"? I'm not too sure, I give both the kitties plenty of attention, sometimes Pancakes will get more loving, sometimes Meisha will get more loving. Basically, whoever comes over to me first gets my attention.

This now brings me to the human element, having a female companion over. Normally, she is fine with it, however, the issues arise when they spend the night. If they are a common frequenter of my home she will become accustomed to her being there. BUT, if not...I could all but expect when I get home that the pillow where she put her head down for the night will be soiled.

At first, I just thought that she may have had a bladder infection so I took her to the vet. The results came back negative, so the vet asked if there were any stresses in her life. I said no, she then asked if there were anybody new in my life. I said, occasionally. She then theorized that was the reason.

It all became clear, Pancakes was jealous of my confidants and/or guests. Sounds bad, but I was unfortunately going through pillows far faster than I should have been. Thanks, to an idea by one the people whose "scent" was left behind, she suggested getting pillow covers that prevent liquid seeping in the pillow through the pillow case. It has saved me a few pillows thus far-Good investment, solid idea.

Hopefully, Pancakes will one day learn to "accept" others staying over and not to view them as a threat as she and Meisha are still my babies for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment